Welcome to Our Website and Thank You for Visiting
Founded in 1932, the Carlsbad Garden Club Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization composed of local residents with interests in gardening and horticulture. We are dedicated to community improvement, education, and charitable work. We meet from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first Friday of the month, except where noted on our calendar, in the Gowland room of the Carlsbad Dove Library, 1775 Dove Lane Carlsbad, California 92011-4048.
Enjoy, Understand, and Participate in this Gardening Club
New members are most welcome. We love to cultivate new friends. Come to a monthly meeting as a guest and let us enjoy your company. Please see our website calendar for the date of our next monthly meeting.
The Carlsbad Garden Club has something for everyone:
- We generally hold our meetings on the first Friday of each month. Each meeting begins with an educational speaker on a gardening or environmental topic, followed by the Club business portion of the meeting. Refreshments are typically served after the speaker concludes his or her presentation and before the business portion of the meeting.
- The Club’s members occasionally go on organized “discovery” outings to various places of interest.
- We deliver flowers several times a year to the Marine base military hospital veterans as one of our outreach programs.
- We enjoy occasional pot luck lunches at a member’s home in place of regular meetings.
- We often have auctions at the Club’s meetings for small plants to raise funds for our scholarship program.
- We have an exchange table at each Club meeting where members may bring surplus items for other members to acquire for a donation to support our outreach programs.
- We provide scholarships totaling several thousand dollars annually to deserving horticultural students matriculating at local colleges.
- We donate to the Carlsbad City Library where we meet.
- We hold an annual home garden tour where local gardening enthusiasts open their gardens for our members and their guests to visit and enjoy.
- We maintain a plant sale cart at the Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation’s lagoon site and donate a portion of the cart’s proceeds to the Foundation; the remainder goes to our outreach programs.
- We hold plant sales to fund the Club’s outreach and scholarship programs.
- We hold an annual holiday potluck lunch for members.
- We are a member of the National Garden Clubs Inc., the California Garden Clubs, Inc.
- We have many activities for which members may volunteer, including:
- Election to a Club office
- Chair of a Club committee
- Serving on a Club committee
- Growing plants for the Club’s fund-raising sales
- Writing articles for the Carlsbad Garden Club’s blog
- Providing pictures and information for the Club to share on our website
The total membership of the Carlsbad Garden Club is currently limited to 75 members.
Annual membership dues are nominal. Please see our website’s Join Us page for a membership application.
Please Enjoy a Look Around our Club’s Website