Carlsbad Garden Club, Inc.
Information You Provide To Us
- CGC respects and safeguards the privacy of its online visitors and will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to other individuals or companies.
- When you visit the Website, our servers automatically log certain technical information, such as the date and time of your visit, the name of the Website you are navigating from and the type of browser you are using. We also collect information about how visitors used the Website. This does not identify you personally unless you submit information through the Website.
How We Use and Share that Information
- We use information about you and your visit to operate and improve the Website, fulfill your request for products and services, and respond to your inquiries.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have given us permission or it is necessary to fulfill your requests for products or services, protect rights, property, or safety of CGC or others, or as required by law.
- In an effort to continually improve your online experience, CGC may utilize “cookies,” which enable us to know what areas of the Website are your favorites, which may need improving and what technologies and Internet services our visitors are using.
- The non-personally identifiable information we track with cookies is anonymous and is not used to identify any particular visitor to the Website. Visitors to the Website have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie may be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Special Information about Postings and Photos
- If you are a member of CGC or a contributor to the Website or CGC, you may have the opportunity to submit photographs or articles for posting that may contain personal information.
- By submitting information or photographs, you are giving us permission to publish this information on the Website.
- Please remember that information or photographs posted to the Website are available to the general public.
- If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
We Protect Children’s Privacy
- CGC will not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under the age of 18 except as permitted by law.
Links to Other Sites
- CGC offers helpful links to independently owned, controlled, and/or managed websites whose content we believe will be of possible interest and value to the Website visitors. In many cases, these links represent cooperative projects or mutual links established with other organizations connected with these sites.
- We do not control the content of these links. These other sites may send you their own cookies, collect data, or solicit personal information.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Your Access to and Control Over
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on the Website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Changes to Policy
Revised November 2019